Search in the website:

Security / Page 9

Police Arrest Anambra lover Over Fake Kidnap

30 August 2025

In a statement released by the spokesman for the command, Tochukwu Ikenga, the suspects, identified as Nmesoma Nwoye, female, aged 23 years, and Chibuike Ogbu, male, aged 24 years, were arrested after intelligence-led operations uncovered that the supposed victim conspired with Chibuike (her boyfriend) to stage her own abduction. Ikenga said that the suspects initially […]

Read More

Police Arrest 33 Suspects, Recover 8 Explosives And 8000 Ammunition In Rivers

28 August 2025

The Rivers State Police Command, in a statement, disclosed this through the state Commissioner of Police, Olugbenga Adepoju during a joint security briefing in Port Harcourt. said it recovered eight explosive devices and arrested 33 suspects for various crimes, including cultism, armed robbery, kidnapping and human trafficking in various parts of the state. The police […]

Read More

Edo Police Rescue 16 kidnap victims along Benin-Lagos Road

27 August 2025

This was confirmed in a statement released by the Police Public Relations Officer, Moses Yamu, noting that the operations followed separate incidents on August 23, 2025, when armed kidnappers blocked sections of the highways and abducted the travellers. According to the Moses, distress calls prompted the swift response and mobilization of operatives from the Iguobazuwa […]

Read More

Police nabs six for armed robbery, cultism in Enugu

25 August 2025

This was disclosed in a statement released by the command’s Public Relations Officer, Daniel Ndukwe, saying the operation was part of a sustained onslaught against violent crimes and cult-related activities in the state. According to Ndukwe, firearms, drugs, and other incriminating exhibits were also recovered from the suspects who were presently still under detention. ”One […]

Read More

Troops Eliminate Nine Boko Haram Terrorists in Borno

23 August 2025

According to a credible military source, the terrorists were neutralized during separate operations that successfully repelled attempted attacks on the Bita and Wulgo areas. Among those neutralised were two top commanders identified as Abu Nazir, the Munzir of Juye, and Abu Fatima, the Munzir of Koloram. Read Also: Insecurity: Three Boko Haram Fighters Surrender To […]

Read More

Suspected Kidnappers Killed in Gun Battle with Police in Abia

23 August 2025

In a statement released, the command’s spokesperson, Maureen Chinaka, said operatives of the Command successfully raided the criminal hideout, arrested six suspected kidnappers, and recovered two AK-47 Rifles and fifty-seven live ammunition. “As operatives of the Command were exiting the camp after the successful operation, they were ambushed by other members of the gang, who […]

Read More

Chief of Defence Staff Vows to Name Terrorism Financiers

22 August 2025

The Defence Chief disclosed this while speaking on a national televison, stressing that naming the finianciers had been delayed because the matter involves legal complexities. “I think the process of naming the financiers is on. The delay was because it had to do with a lot of legal issues, and because again, it has to […]

Read More

Military Chief Links South East Peace to Simon Ekpa’s Arrest in Finland

22 August 2025

The military chief made the remark in a dialogue with the pressmen. He noted that the clampdown on Ekpa had reduced violent incidents in the region, which has long battled insecurity linked to separatist groups. A Nigerian-Finnish citizen, Ekpa, spearheads a faction of the Indigenous People of Biafra, a group seeking the secession of the South-east […]

Read More

Teenager Arrested For Allegedly Killing Five-Year-Old Cousin In Enugu

21 August 2025

His alleged accomplice, one Sunday Michael, aged 24, a security guard at 9th Mile and a native of the Mayo-Belwa Local Government Area of Adamawa State, was also arrested. According to report, the suspects were arrested by operatives of the Command’s Anti-Kidnapping Tactical Squad, following intelligence gathered after ransom demands were reported. In a statement […]

Read More

Katsina Massacre death toll rises to 50, 20 burnt bodies discovered

21 August 2025

At least 50 individuals have been confirmed killed in the recent bandit attacks on villages in the Malumfashi LGA, Katsina State. This was confirmed by a member representing Malumfashi constituency in the Katsina State House of Assembly, Aminu Ibrahim, during a plenary session, saying that the attacks took place across several communities, including Gidan Adamu […]

Read More

Load more