Search in the website:

News / Page 14

NAFDAC Begins Ban on Sachet Alcohol, Small Bottles December

11 November 2025

The agency’s Director General, Mojisola Adeyeye, announced this during a press briefing in Abuja. “The proliferation of high-alcohol-content beverages in sachets and small containers has made such products easily accessible, affordable, and concealable, leading to widespread misuse and addiction among minors and commercial drivers. Adeyeye said. This came after the Senate directed NAFDAC to implement […]

Read More

Over 700 Convicted for Terrorism- FG Announces

10 November 2025

The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, responded to questions from newsmen regarding the number of convicted terrorists. The minister also addressed the designation of Nigeria as a “Country of Particular Concern” by former U.S. President Donald Trump, clarifying that the Federal Government is committed to fighting terrorism and religious persecution. The Minister […]

Read More

Court to Deliver Judgment in Kanu’s Terrorism Case November 20

7 November 2025

Justice James Omotosho announced the date while ruling on the matter after Kanu failed to open his defence, having exhausted the six days allocated to him by the court to present his case. According to Omotosho, “This court has given opportunity to the defendant under Section 36 as required by the constitution, and I will […]

Read More

Newly Inaugurated Tinubu Campaign Office Demolished in Benue

7 November 2025

The office, which also serves as the state secretariat for the Ahmed Bola Tinubu Support Group, had its perimeter fence torn down during the operation. The campaign office was opened just a week ago in a ceremony attended by supporters from across Benue and neighboring North-Central states. The event was led by Dr. Mathias Byuan, […]

Read More

Senate Imposes December 2025 Deadline for Sachet Alcohol Ban

7 November 2025

The directive, issued on Thursday, follows a motion presented by Senator Asuquo Ekpenyong, Cross River South, in plenary on Tuesday. The Senate’s resolution orders the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, to stick to the existing timeline, rejecting any further extensions beyond 2025. Senator Ekpenyong, who introduced the motion, emphasized that […]

Read More

Tinubu Vows to Crush Terrorism, Engage World Leaders

6 November 2025

The President declared before the Federal Executive Council entered a closed-door session, according to him, “We are engaging the world diplomatically, and we assure all of you that we will defeat terrorism. . The task ahead is to move forward with clarity of purpose guided by the Renewed Hope agenda to build a prosperous Nigeria.” […]

Read More

Senate Confirms Kingsley Ude as Minister of Federal Republic

6 November 2025

The confirmation followed a screening session on the Senate floor on Thursday. Born in 1978, Ude previously served as Enugu State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice.During the screening, senators questioned him on national and diplomatic issues, including Nigeria’s response to U.S. President Donald Trump’s recent threats. In his response, Ude said President Bola Tinubu […]

Read More

President Tinubu Declares Emergency on Security Training Institutions

5 November 2025

The announcement was made by Enugu Governor Peter Mbah, who chairs the National Economic Council, NEC, ad-hoc Committee on the overhaul of security training institutions. Mbah revealed the news during an on-the-spot inspection of the facilities in Lagos. Governor Mbah, accompanied by Ogun State Governor Prince Dapo Abiodun, former Inspector General of Police Alkali Usman […]

Read More

Obaseki Denies Leaving Edo State with N600bn Debt

5 November 2025

The allegations, which also raised questions about Obaseki’s legacy projects, particularly the Radisson Hotel and the Museum of West African Arts, MOWAA, were addressed by Obaseki through his media adviser, Crusoe Osagie. Obaseki dismissed the claims as baseless, accusing the administration of Governor Godwin Obaseki’s successor, Governor Monday Okpebholo, of spreading misinformation that could tarnish […]

Read More

Lagos Police Commissioner Reaffirms Hunt for Sowore

5 November 2025

Jimoh officially declared Sowore wanted for allegedly inciting public unrest and attempting to obstruct traffic on the Third Mainland Bridge, an action which he claims could lead to serious criminal charges. The Commissioner made the confirmation while speaking on Nationl Television that Sowore has not reported to the police since the declaration. He reaffirmed that […]

Read More

Load more