Relatives and loved ones of Chinese passengers lost on Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 gathered in Beijing today, seeking answers from authorities 11 years after the plane disappeared in one of aviation’s greatest enduring mysteries.
Recall that Boeing 777 carrying 239 people disappeared from radar screens on March 8, 2014 while going from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
Two-thirds of the passengers were Chinese, while the others were from Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, and elsewhere.
Despite the largest search in aviation history, the plane has never been found.
However, Malaysian Transport Minister Anthony Loke last month announced that maritime exploration firm Ocean Infinity had resumed the hunt for the missing plane.
Read Also: Air Flight Suffers Landing Gear Problem
Family members said they had been in the dark about the new search.
A 68-year-old Li Eryou, who lost his 29-year-old son on the plane, told newsmen that representatives from China’s transport and foreign ministries had promised that the affected families would be informed immediately, but nothing has been done.
In the same vein, Li, Jiang Hui, whose mother was also on the plane, said that he was still in the dark about the new search.
The grieving families gathered today at an intersection in front of the Malaysian embassy in Beijing, the road to which was sealed off by at least 20 police officers.
Police presence was particularly heavy in the area with officers shooing journalists away and warning them to stop taking photographs of the demonstration.